The Academy was born in Florence, on 19 October 2000. It was founded by Ciprien Antipa, G. David Baxter, Marcello D'Ovidio, Khalil Khatri, Leonardo Longo, Mihail Pascu, Mario Postiglione, Mario Trelles, Wilhelm Waidelich and others 42 founder members from 5 continents. The complet list is available in the members area.
The IALMS would like to allow meeting and adjournment for the laser specialists, and teaching for the neophytes, with the International School “Theodore Maiman” of Florence.
Official journal of the IALMS is
Description | Editorial Board Description
Lasers in Medical Science has established itself as the leading international journal in the rapidly expanding field of medical applications of lasers and light. It provides a forum for the publication of papers on the technical, experimental and clinical aspects of the use of medical lasers, including lasers in surgery, endoscopy, angioplasty, hyperthermia of tumours, and photodynamic therapy.
In addition, the journal publishes articles on the medical application of new lasers, light delivery systems, sensors to monitor laser effects, basic laser-tissue interactions and the modelling of laser-tissue interactions. The journal also presents articles relating to the use of non-laser light-tissue interactions.Impact factor: 1.186 (2006)
Section "Engineering, biomedical": Rank 27 of 42
Section "Surgery": Rank 66 of 138
Further information www.springer.com/medicine/journal/10103
Member benefits include
1. Free subscription to Lasers in Medical Science,
2. Electronic Slides of the last Laser Florence meetings lectures and posters,
3. Discussion Forum,
4. Annual IALMS Congress,
5. Access to Membership area of the site,
6. Includes in IALMS list of recommended laser medical centers,
7. Membership list,
8. Membership certificate,
9. Special price for all congresses and courses sponsored by the IALMS,
10. Awards for best papers and posters presented in IALMS annual congress,
11. Grants for best papers and posters presented in annual IALMS congress and published in the proceedings.
The access to membership area requires a password. If you are a member and do not have a password, please contact the webmaster to have one issued to you.
Website information: Contact the Webmaster